You better believe I'm thankful this Thanksgiving, and all the other days as well. I mean, come on: awesome husband? wonderful daughter? neighbors unsurpassed in general niceness? great Jewish community? friends out the wazoo? wonderful family? baby on the way? lovely midwives and doula?
But these are the things it's easy to be thankful for. There are other, less obvious things for which I am grateful. To wit:
- That my sister, while a far better pianist than I (since we were about 13 and 15), is at least not as frequent a blogger as I.
- That someone else comes to fix the radiators that stop working every third week or so.
- That the canine bellyachin' next door turned out to be a visiting dog, who has since returned home.
- That my body feels relatively good for 35 (!) weeks pregnant.
- That the evil cold I have has progressed from the itchy-head-pouring-mucus phase to the stuffy-head-coughing phase (which is a lot easier for me to deal with).
- That the house is clean enough for me to feel okay about knitting.
- That a very kind lady brought a stuffed calico duck to the door and gave it to Sophia, who fell in LOVE with it and named it Alice and declared it had "eyes of flame."
For what small, weird things are you grateful?